It is hard to believe that I have already been the Mozart Fellow at Otago Uni for 2 months!
It feels like I am still getting started – meeting all the various talents that inhabit this beautiful place.
Here is a bit of a catch up on the things that I have been working on so far:
– Working on the score for Blonde (a short film, made in New York)
– A new short piece for bass
– Some French-inspired accordion music for a video project (link to come)
– Remix for Ed Zuccollo
– Planned (and current) Collaborations: a song cycle based on poems about the Dunedin landscape; a new album of solo instrument chamber music; an ep of songs; individual works with various composers/sound artists across NZ; a piece for multiple guitarists; music for a game; a multimedia piece for musicians and dancers; a short narrative dance film.
– Plus some new pieces: A short orchestral fanfare; a piece for 4 pianos; a suite of short piano pieces; and a sound-art installation.
And finally trying to finish the PhD! Things are full on, but it is very inspiring and creatively fulfilling work. I am absolutely loving my time here in Dunedin, and plan to continue to make the most of it!