So, today I reach the 30 year old milestone.
Today as I was driving home I was reflecting on the last 30 years and realised I have had the opportunity to do some really cool stuff and spend time with some really awesome people.
Here are some of the highlights of the past 30 years.
– My lovely wife Courteney
– My son Wolfgang
– My family + friends.
– Touring and performing and visiting a number of different countries and cities around the world.
– Writing my Symphony No.1 for orchestra and turntables. The first orchestral symphony to feature turntablism as part of the ensemble.
– Performing with the New Zealand Symphony and Auckland Philharmonia (on pieces I wrote!!)
– Performing with a number of world-class musicians including Adam Maha, Julia Booth, Nick Tipping, Chris McBride, Chris Lam Sam, Richard Nunns, Lauren Grout, Yotam Levy, Brad Thomson, Joe McNamara, Thomas Botting, Jeremy Badger, Martin Lodge, Michael Williams, James Tennant, Lara Hall, Katherine Austin among many others.
– Setting a range of world records
– Worked as a composer, musician, teacher, youth mentor, lecturer, security guard, childrens entertainer, DJ, statistical analyst…
– Commentated professional wrestling.
– Became a marriage celebrant.
– Got amazing publicity and sponsorship for being a BeardLord. (thanks Puma!)
– Had music, art and films featured in a range of competitions and festivals around the world!
– Organized the first competitive facial hair competition in NZ.
– Composed and released a lot of music!
– Earned my Masters of Music (and nearly finished my doctorate!)
It has been a crazy, awesome, hectic, and enjoyable first 30 years alive. Thanks to all the people who I have worked with, collaborated with, hung out with, jammed with.
Now I am looking forward to what the next 30 years will bring!