Again it has been awhile between posts. Life always gets hectic at this time of year… and it seems especially so when trying to finish a PhD, pack up the house into storage, and teach summer school among everything else. But oh well, by christmas time I will have time for a break.
In the meantime, here is a catch up on some of the things that have been going on:
– I have written 19,644 words for my PhD thesis. This is good news. And also slightly worrying news. I am supposed to write up to 30,000 words. And I still have to write the analysis of nine compositions and a conclusion. So I only have 10,356 words left… which only equals about 1035 words per remaining section. That is not a lot of words. Maybe I can have a few extra words. Or I need to do some serious culling.
– The film ‘Blonde‘ that I will be scoring has just wrapped shooting in New York.
– A truly ambitious independent feature film that the Scorelocks will be scoring is in pre-production. You can help fund SHEPHERD here.
– Dan Inglis is busy working away on the editing for the video of ‘Sketches of an Intergalactic Earworm’ – Chamber music performance meets intergalactic psychedelic funk. Can’t wait to share this with you all!
– I spoke at the PechaKucha Hamilton event which was great fun! Go and check these events out if you get the chance.
Well, that is all for now. Back to work. Back to packing the house into boxes. And getting already to finish this PhD and move into an exciting year as the Mozart Fellow at Otago Uni.